March is Reading Month part 3- Preschoolers
On the last day of “Reading Month” let’s celebrate books for your preschooler. By this time they are so close to reading. Some of them are sitting with a book and telling the story word for word, an important step if ever there was one! They enjoy rhyme, repetition, humor and often, a bit of a scare- as long as it turns out in the end. Here are some book recommendations from the preschoolers themselves:
- Mustache Baby by Bridget Heos
- Faith- “He can be mad and chase the bad guys.”
- Max- “He’s so little and he has a mustache.”
This just goes to show that you never know what will strike a preschooler’s fancy, so try out as many books as you can!
- Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin
- Maddie- “I like the alphabet and the coconuts.”
I know many preschoolers have had this book in their lives for several years, but a good book is a good book!
- Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus by Mo Willems
- Jayden- “I like it when he said he was dreaming about it.”
Mo Willems is one of those authors you either like or don’t. My preschoolers like!
- Pete the Cat I Love My White Shoes by Eric Litwin
- Truman- “I like the colors.”
- Megan- “I love my white shoes, I love my white shoes!”
- Adysen- “I liked when his shoes were wiped off again.”
I have to admit I had no idea about Pete the Cat until Miss Amanda mentioned that she was happy to see him in the book order. I checked him out and fell in love!
I know we didn’t get to talk about these books until the end of reading month but frankly, every month can be reading month.
Let’s keep those book recommendations coming, and I’ll see you at the library!